We are delighted to invite you to watch our June installment of the IIF's Talking Policy series, a monthly regulatory discussion with the leading global policy makers on the most current topics impacting the financial services industry. Discussions took place this month with Nathalie Berger, Director for Member States’ Reform of the European Commission. Please login to your IIF account to view the discussion video below.
During this session, you will hear about the priorities of Directorate General Reform of the European Commission, which aims to support the implementation of structural reforms, including in the financial services sector, in the EU’s Member States. The discussion centers on the aims and mechanisms through which DG REFORM offers ‘hands on’ support at grassroots level, as well as drawing attention to the opportunities for investors and financial services firms to get involved in overcoming market fragmentation. Ms. Berger highlights:
- What is DG REFORM and its aims
- The funding structure and links with the Recovery and Resilience Facility and the national plans of Member States
- The concrete financial services projects and the bottom-up approach to overcoming prevailing barriers across all Member States
- Public - private partnership opportunities and examples of sharing best practices in specific financial services fields
- What DG REFORM and its programmes can offer international and EU investors, and more…
- Robert Priester, Chief European Representative and Regulatory Counsel, IIF Regional Office, Brussels