We were delighted to partner with Fitch Ratings for the release of our IIF Global Debt Monitor, which looks at how debt-related vulnerabilities could affect economic recovery and financial stability in the post-COVID world.
This webinar featured a short IIF staff presentation on the main takeaways from the Global Debt Monitor. Our panel of experts then discussed a range of topics including:
- Rising public debt burdens in both emerging and mature markets
- Implications of the weaker USD for global debt markets
- Outlook for U.S. government debt and infrastructure finance
- Debt sustainability in low-income countries; update on the G20 Debt Service Suspension Initiative (DSSI) and Common Framework
- Gearing up for strong growth in ESG investing—new source of capital for emerging markets?
Welcome and Introduction:
- Clay Lowery, Executive Vice President, Research and Policy, IIF
Presentation - IIF Global Debt Monitor:
- Emre Tiftik, Director, Sustainability Research, IIF
- David Lubin, Managing Director and Head of Emerging Markets Economics, Citi
- Isabelle Mateos y Lago, Managing Director and Global Head of the Official Institutions Group, BlackRock
- James McCormack, Managing Director and Global Head of Sovereign & Supranational Ratings, Fitch Ratings
- Sonja Gibbs, Managing Director and Head of Sustainable Finance, IIF (moderator)