As part of the IIF's Digital Finance Webinar Series, we were delighted to host The Post-COVID World: Data Policy webinar, which we scheduled specifically for our Asia and American west coast audiences.
COVID-19 has presented new considerations in how personal health data is used and in the role of big data in vaccine and treatment development. Mobile position tracking coupled with health data for contact tracing is another key area of rapid development and changing policy positions. New challenges for ensuring business continuity round out this mix of COVID responses instantly changing data policy considerations. Will this impact societal values on data privacy relative to the public good, attitudes towards the use of artificial intelligence, and expectations for data connectivity across borders? This webinar considered the emerging issues in data policy, and the impacts for financial services as we look ahead to the Post-COVID world.
- Doug Elliott, Partner, Oliver Wyman
- Scott Farrell, Senior Partner, King & Wood Mallesons
- Shameek Kundu, Chief Data Officer, Standard Chartered
- So Lan Ip, Chief Risk Officer, Ping An
- Conan French, Senior Advisor, Digital Finance, IIF (moderator)