The Global Financial Markets Association (GFMA), the Institute of International Finance (IIF), and the Bank Policy Institute (BPI) were pleased to co-host this virtual symposium on operational resilience. The aim of this virtual symposium was to bring together leading members of the regulatory community and key financial and capital market participants from around the world for a robust discussion of regulatory and industry developments to strengthen operational resilience.
The event was divided into three sections:
- Public sector updates: operational resilience initiatives and approaches in major jurisdictions
- Financial industry perspectives and experience: maturing operational resilience and initial reflections on COVID-19
- Panel discussion on global coordination, collaboration, and cohesion: avoiding market fragmentation in operational resilience policy
- Arthur Lindo, Deputy Director, Division of Supervision and Regulation, U.S. Federal Reserve Board, and Chair, Operational Resilience Working Group, Basel Committee on Banking Supervision
- Nick Strange, Senior Technical Advisor, Operational Risk & Resilience, UK Prudential Regulation Authority