As part of the IIF's Digital Finance Webinar Series, we were delighted to host The Post-COVID World: FinTech Landscape webinar, which we scheduled specifically for our Asia and American west coast audiences.
The COVID-19 adaptation has initially seen Big Tech firms retain strong revenue and enormous cash reserves while they become increasingly embedded in society and the economy, both through increased tech and eCommerce reliance and some roles in supporting governments with health solutions, while some of the smaller FinTech firms have found renewed struggles for funding. Will this trend continue through the COVID situation, and does it present new implications for market power and the distribution of talent across the tech sector, and what might it mean for banks and insurers that partner with tech firms?
- Aiaz Kazi, Chief Platform Officer, Santander
- Jonathan Larsen, Chief Innovation Officer, Ping An Group and CEO & Chairman, Ping An Global Voyager Fund
- Sopnendu Mohanty, Chief Fintech Officer, Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS)
- Deborah Young, CEO, The RegTech Association
- Laurence White, Consultant - Asia Pacific, Digital Finance, IIF (moderator)