- 8:00 am 9:00 am Washington, D.C. / New York
- 12:00 pm 1:00 pm Glasgow
We were delighted to host Emerging Markets Investing through an ESG Lens
which is part of our COP Talks
series. This series builds on the themes and ambitions of the upcoming COP26, which is being held in Glasgow on November 1 - 12. The financial services industry is an integral player in the quest to achieve a net-zero economy and to support broader sustainable development goals, and our COP Talks will cover some of the toughest yet most important issues facing the industry.
With rapidly growing demand for ESG opportunities, the landscape for emerging market investment is undergoing radical change. What do we need from policymakers, regulators, and borrowers for private investors to scale up capital flows to developing economies? Collaborative efforts to de-risk and lower the cost of financing are bringing together private sector investors, MDBs and the broader development finance community. How can these initiatives deliver on the promise of $100 billion annually in climate finance funding for developing economies, including funds for sustainable, climate-resilient infrastructure?
- Sonja Gibbs, Managing Director and Head of Sustainable Finance, Global Policy Initiatives, IIF (moderator)
- Rael McNally, Senior Portfolio Manager, Global Renewable Power, BlackRock
- Nick Robins, Professor in Practice - Sustainable Finance, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment, London School of Economics and Political Science
- Javier Rodr guez Soler, Global Head of Sustainability, BBVA
- Gema Sacrist n, Chief Investment Officer, IDB Invest
For questions or more information about the series, please contact email@example.com