We were delighted to host an exciting and interactive discussion sponsored by Fitch Ratings on the findings of our latest IIF Global Debt Monitor.
This event featured a short staff presentation on the main takeaways from our flagship Global Debt Monitor, “Confronting Climate Change and Policy Normalization.” Following the presentation, our expert panel focused on key policy and economic developments shaping the outlook, including the role of global debt markets in the transition to a low-carbon future and the implications of global policy normalization in a high-debt environment amid inflationary pressures and supply chain disruptions. Where are the vulnerabilities and risks ahead, and how is the growing momentum in ESG investing changing the landscape for 2022?
Welcome and Introduction:
- Clay Lowery, Executive Vice President, Research and Policy, IIF
Presentation - IIF Global Debt Monitor:
- Emre Tiftik, Director, Sustainability Research, IIF
- Joyce Chang, Chair of Global Research, J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
- Sonja Gibbs, Managing Director and Head of Sustainable Finance, IIF (moderator)
- James McCormack, Managing Director and Global Head of Sovereign & Supranational Ratings, Fitch Ratings
- Jonathan Woetzel, Director, Senior Partner, McKinsey Global Institute