Sustainable Finance in Emerging Markets Views from Emerging Europe
- 8:30 am 9:00 am Washington, D.C.
- 3:30 pm 4:00 pm Turkey
was part of the IIF ESG Webinar Series, which was designed to promote understanding of the rapidly evolving landscape for sustainable investment and to align efforts to measure and track climate finance. The objective of this ESG webinar was to discuss sustainable finance in emerging markets (EM). This was the third in a series of ESG webinars focusing on EM expertise from different regions.
On April 30
, we were delighted to discuss the development of sustainable finance in Turkey and emerging Europe with Ebru Dildar Edin
, Executive Vice President from Garanti BBVA. We discussed key insights on how institutions in the region responded to trends in the global sustainable finance agenda, emerging Europe s relationship with the EU with regards to sustainable finance, and how Garanti BBVA has established a sustainable business model.
- Main drivers of the ESG movement in Emerging Europe and Turkey
- The interaction of emerging and mature markets in developing ESG products and regulations
- Risks and opportunities for firms adapting to the sustainable finance agenda
- Development of domestic green taxonomies
- Global demand for ESG products and the future of sustainable finance
- Ebru Dildar Edin, Executive Vice President, Garanti BBVA
- Sonja Gibbs, Managing Director and Head of Sustainable Finance, IIF
For questions or more information about the series, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org