We were delighted to host A Conversation with the Portfolio Alignment Team which was part of the IIF ESG Webinar Series. The series was designed to promote understanding of the rapidly evolving landscape for sustainable investment and to align efforts to measure and track climate finance.
A growing number of financial institutions are committing to decarbonizing their portfolios in line with the Paris agreement, representing a fundamental reshaping of how the financial system thinks about allocating capital. These commitments necessitate new quantitative tools and metrics to assess progress, but today’s metrics are often divergent and sometimes opaque. That is why the TCFD is proposing a portfolio alignment metrics framework – leading to more transparent, more consistent, more comparable, and therefore more useful, tools.
We were delighted to host a conversation with the Portfolio Alignment Team and industry representatives as they delved into this important work.
- William Anderson, PhD, Director and Senior Quantitative Financial Analyst, Bank of America
- Ida Hempel, Investments and Special Projects, Generation Investment Management
- Tanguy Séné, Manager, COP 26 Private Finance Hub
- Yuxi Suo, Sustainable Investing Researcher, BlackRock
- Jared Westheim, Vice President, Sustainable Finance Group, Goldman Sachs
- Sonja Gibbs, Managing Director and Head of Sustainable Finance, IIF