- 10:00 am 11:00 am Washington, D.C.
- 3:00 pm 4:00 pm London
- 4:00 pm 5:00pm Brussels
We were delighted to partner with Fitch Ratings to present the findings of our flagship? Global Debt Monitor: Reassessing the Pandemic Impact.
This edition offered a fresh look at rising debt vulnerabilities as economies worldwide recover at different speeds and with widely varying capacity to manage persistently high debt levels.
Our staff presentation and panel discussion focused on policy challenges for both mature and emerging markets, including potential inflationary pressures, rising volatility in international capital flows and the need to finance the fight against climate change. We also covered the growing push to strengthen ESG performance, including in emerging and developing markets where efforts to improve governance and fiscal transparency can support stronger and more stable capital flows, underpinning broader sustainable development goals.
Welcome and Introduction:
- Clay Lowery,?Executive Vice President, Research and Policy, IIF
Presentation - IIF Global Debt Monitor:
- Emre Tiftik,?Director, Sustainability Research, IIF
- Sonja Gibbs,?Managing Director and Head of Sustainable Finance, IIF (moderator)
- Shamaila Khan, Head of Emerging Market Debt Strategies, AllianceBernstein
- Ed Parker,?Managing Director and Head of EMEA Sovereign Ratings, Fitch Ratings
- Ceyla Pazarbasioglu, Director of the Strategy, Policy, Review Department, IMF
For questions or more information about the event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org