As part of the IIF's Digital Finance Webinar Series, we were delighted to host the Realizing the Digital Promise: the COVID Catalyst webinar.
While financial services were already transforming at a rapid pace prior to COVID-19, the pandemic has accelerated digital timelines across the entire industry. It has forced radical changes in customer behavior, moving significant portions of the economy online and increasing customers’ comfort and willingness to engage digitally. For many financial institutions, COVID-19 also unlocked hidden potential, stripping away many of the barriers that organizations traditionally face in realizing the digital promise.
‘COVID-19 catalyzes and accelerates transformation in financial services’, a supplemental report to the IIF-Deloitte ‘Realizing the Digital Promise’ series, highlighted the four fundamental shifts brought on by COVID-19 that have accelerated digital transformation in the financial services industry, as well as the implications for institutions as they navigate these uncharted waters. This webinar explored those ramifications, and the most enduring lessons from the current process of rapid digitalization.
- Jaco Grobler, Chief Risk Officer, First Rand Bank
- Puneet Kakar, Principal, Financial Services Strategy Leader, Deloitte United States
- Ulku Rowe, Technical Director, Officer of the CTO, Google Cloud
- Michael Tang, Partner and Head of Global Digital Transformation for Financial Services, Deloitte Canada
- Andres Wolberg-Stok, Head of Strategy, Office of the CTO, Citi
- Brad Carr, Managing Director, Digital Finance, IIF